SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification Programme Overview
The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean/Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, Agile development, ScrumXP, Agile portfolio management, Scaling leadership and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
1. Intro to SAFe: Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework™
2. Lean Thinking: An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow
3. Agile Development: Application in the enterprise context, Business Benefits.
4. SAFe ScrumXP: An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level
5. Agile Release Train: Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains long lived programs whereby teams of agile teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
6. Agile Portfolio Management: Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance
7. Agile Architecture: Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow
8. Scaling Leadership: Scaling Enterprise Lean/Agile leadership
Executives, managers and agile change agents responsible for leading a lean/ agile change initiative
in the larger software enterprise.
Exam & Certification
Upon successful completion of this training class, delegates will be eligible to take the on-line Scaled
Agile Academy SAFe Agilist exam. The exam is a multiple choice questions. The exam window is just
10 days, immediately after training. On passing the exam, Certified SAFe Agilists will have the option
to appear on the Certified SA directory and have access to the Scaled Agile Academy LinkedIn
community. Exam retakes are $50 and can be taken 30 days or more after the previous exam. Annual renewal requires 10 continuing education/outreach hours and currently costs $100 payable to the Scaled Agile Academy.
SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification Workshop would enable
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC
- Copy of Course Material
- Scaled Agile “Certified SAFe Agilist” exam fees
- 1 year’s membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Agilist exam)
- For PMI PMPs this course provides Category B PDU
- For Scrum Alliance members, this course provides Category B SEU towards Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
Experience in Scrum